Videns Pictures and The Cide project are glad to announce the “The Cide Music Contest”, aimed at selecting, among the best emerging Italians and international bands, a music piece to add to the “The Cide”’ soundtrack.
The aim of the contest is:
- to increase the spreading and distribution of music, mainly to the new generation
- to highlight the work of the emerging bands, both in the Italian and international scene
- to promote new and original artworks
The contest is open to every band (or single artist), whose members are 14 years or older at the time of entry, submitting one music piece, in any language or entirely instrumental.
The music piece must satisfy the following requirements:
- it must be unpublished
- it must be 100% original (no remixes or remakes of other songs, including your own)
- it must be royalty-free and must not violate or infringe any third party’s copyright or other rights and it must not be under an exclusive contract or any other kind of legal contract
- it must be no longer than six (6) minutes and no shorter than one (1) minute in duration
- it must not contain vulgar, obscene or indecent language or behaviours
Any entries that do not comply with these terms will be disqualified.
Entrants will be deemed responsible for any violation of the copyright, literary, privacy, publicity, trademark, service mark or any other person or property right of any person or entity.
Registrations for the contest will be open from 12 a.m. on May 13, 2009, until 11:59 p.m. on May 31, 2009. Any registration submitted later than these terms will not be deemed eligible.
Entrants must fill in the online entry form at http://www.thecide.com and follow the instructions to send the song in mp3 format.
By submitting the entry form the entrants agree to the above regulations and restrictions.
To complete the registration the entrants must:
- add to their own myspace profile the banner of the contest, unchanged and clearly visible until the end of the contest.
- add “The Cide” to their myspace friends list.
- add the “The Cide” myspace profile to the top-friends list of their own profile until the end of the contest.
The organisational committee reserves the right to check at any time the observance of the above rules. Any entrants that do not comply with these rules will be disqualified.
Entries will be evaluated by the “The Cide” Artistic Committee to select the finalist bands after the registrations closing date.
The finalists will be named on May 27, 2009 and will be admitted to the final phase.
The winning music piece will be chosen by a public online voting at “The Cide.com”. The winning music piece will be the one receiving the largest amount of votes during the final phase ending at 11:59 on May 31, 2009.
The winning music piece will be added to the “The Cide” official soundtrack. Specifically, it will be added, partly or entirely, to one or more sections of the 4th episode and, when necessary, in one or more sections of any episode.
The band name and the song title will be added to the credits section of the website and will be promoted and advertised in any media format or medium and through any media channels the organisational committee will deem appropriate.
- Entrants shall not issue any statement concerning this contest without the committee authorization.
- No payment or repayment will be paid to entrants for any reason and during any phase of the contest.
- By submitting a song, entrants and, if applicable, each individual band member appearing in the entry materials agree to grant “The Cide” organisational committee a royalty-free, non-exclusive, unconditional and transferable right and license to use the song for any advertising, promotional or commercial purposes, including without limitation the right to publicly display, perform, reproduce and distribute the song. Entrants and each individual band member appearing in the entry materials also grants to “The Cide” the non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free right to play the song on its web sites and to make available entrant’s name and song music submission on The Cide.com without any compensation.
- The organisational committee reserves the right to modify these Contest Rules and Restrictions in any way or at any time as long as there is notice posted on www.thecide.com
- The organisational committee disclaim all responsibility for entrants behaviours.
- The organizational committee warn the entrants against false recommendations or granted winnings in exchange for money. The committee dissociates itself and take precautions from such behaviours: only those who prove to be artistically deserving will be rewarded.
- By submitting, entrants totally agree to the above regulations.
- Any entries that do not comply with these requirements will not be deemed eligible.
- Music pieces can not be changed or modified or replaced with other pieces in any case.
- Decisions of the “The Cide” artistic committee are final and binding on all matters relating to this contest.
SUBSCRIPTIONS ARE CLOSED.
BANNER (To add on your Myspace profile)
Use this code to put the banner on your MySpace page:
<a href=”http://www.thecide.com/theband” target=”_blank”><img src=”http://www.thecide.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/tctbc.gif” width=”450″ /> </a>